Master English pitch, rhythm, stress & intonation. This course offers a detailed & practical study of English intonation – a skill that eludes many students and teachers alike. The course covers:
- Structure of intonation – tone units and their parts.
- Pitch Control – how to vary the tone of your voice and how this changes meaning.
- Pattern – the common intonation patterns of English and their usages.
- Stress – the rules and production of stress patterns.
- Meaning – how intonation can change the meaning of words & sentences.
All topics are practised extensively in conversation role-plays so that meaning and technique can be explored. Learn more about Advanced Intonation course dates and booking.