Intensive English Pronunciation & Accent Reduction Courses in London
- Learn the sounds and structures of British English pronunciation.
- Focus in a small group of similar students or individually.
- Work with expert BA/MA/IPA Certified English Pronunciation teachers.
- Study the acclaimed course ‘The Sound of English’.
- Group intensives available as a 2-day weekend course or a 5-day weekday course.
- Individual intensive courses available from 1 to 10 days.
- Central London location - Gray’s Inn Road.
Who are intensive courses for?
Any non-native speaker of English who would like to improve English pronunciation. These courses are particularly suited to those visiting London or who want to study over a short period.
Course fees & timetable?
GROUP INTENSIVES – see right column for dates
2 day intensive – 2 Parts – Saturday & Sunday 10:00-17:00 (1 hour lunch break) – £150
This course focuses on learning and practising the 19 vowel and 24 consonant sounds of British English (the ‘Sounds’ sections of ‘The Sound of English’).
5 day intensive – Monday to Friday 10:00-17:00 (1 hour lunch break) – £300
This course covers the entire ‘The Sound of English’ program of sounds structures & intonation.
INDIVIDUAL INTENSIVES – available all year.
5 hour course – £275
10 hour course – £500
15 hour course – £725
20 hour course – £950
Skype classes are also available – see the Skype training page for details.
What is covered?
The fundamentals of English pronunciation and accent. The particular areas of study are:
- Sounds – how to pronounce the vowel and consonant sounds of English. In this class we focus on the schwa vowel sound.
- Spelling & Sound - how to interpret written English into speech. In this class we cover the ‘ghoti/fish’ exercise in ‘The Sound of English’.
- Structure – the way spoken English is created from strong and weak forms.
- Intonation – use of pitch, rhythm and stress.
The 5 day intensive covers the entire ‘The Sound of English’ course. The 2 day intensive mainly covers sounds and structure.
What materials are used?
‘The Sound of English’ by Joseph Hudson (Pronunciation Studio’s founding teacher), covering the sounds, structures and intonation of British English. 2 formats are included in the course fee:
- 140 page paperback version with audio pack (cds or mp3s as per preference)
- E-book with interactive audio for use on phones, tablets & computers.
“All the tricks you need in order to sound like a native speaker.” Javier Fernandez Pena, Spanish Voice-over Artist
“Great content, very well structured.” Lisa, Austria 2013
Who will the teacher be?
One of Pronunciation Studio’s Pronunciation & Phonetics Teachers. PSL’s teachers are IPA certified experts in speech with many years of experience in the language classroom.
How do I book?
You can join by making the reservation deposit of £100 (5 day) or £50 (2 day) via Paypal on the right, or contacting us with any questions.
Contact us with the dates you will be in London and the length of course you would like to take, we will confirm availability and price.