Intensive Accent Reduction Courses in London
- Learn the sounds and structures of British English in London.
- Ideal for advanced second language English speakers.
- 2 day & 5 day group courses available.
- Individual courses of anything from 1 to 10 days.
- Over 10,000 students have followed the methodology.
Pronunciation Studio’s intensive accent reduction program is the ideal way to take your spoken English to the highest possible level. The course is practical with hundreds of drills and spoken activities designed to improve your control over your speech and accent.
The group course is available in a 2 day or 5 day format.
5 Day Format (Monday to Friday 10-18:00) | £295
- 19 Vowel Sounds & 25 Consonant Sounds of British English.
- Spelling to Sound Rules – to predict pronunciation from spelling.
- Accent Reduction – recognition and correction of errors caused by mother tongue.
- Joining Rules – assimilation & elision.
- Intonation – patterns, pitch, constructions and meanings.
- IPA – the symbols for every sound.
2 Day Weekend Format (Saturday & Sunday 10-18:00) | £145
- 19 Vowel Sounds (Short, Long, Diphpthong)
- 25 Consonant Sounds (Plosive, Fricative, Affricate, Nasal & Approximant)
- Spelling to Sound Rules – how to produce accurate pronunciation from written English.
- IPA – symbols for each sound.
Individual Courses (Flexible) | £295 to £1895
Individual courses are available any time from 8am to 9pm and can cover sounds, structure, intonation, accent and individual correction. These are designed based on individual students’ needs and taken over anything from 1 day to several weeks. Prices for individual courses depend on the duration of the course. See individual accent reduction courses for full details.
‘The Sound of English’ is Pronunciation Studio’s own course book and is supplied with all courses. It is a practical 140 page book with audio containing notes, drills and exercises to ensure progress during and after the course.
Every student receives the book as a paperback and as a digital ebook for use on tablets, mobiles and computers, making practice accessible at all times.
Pronunciation Studio’s teachers are highly qualified (BA/MA/IPA/CELTA) phonetics teachers with years of experience (on average 8) in the classroom. Classes taught by our team, are highly engaging, enjoyable and demanding, ensuring rapid progress.
There are three ways to book an intensive course at Pronunciation Studio:
- Online Booking – either contact us using the form on the right or reserve your place using the Paypal options.
- Telephone Booking – call us on 0207 4040777 (+44 207 4040777 from abroad) to ask any questions or make a card payment.
- Visit – come along to our office in central London during reception hours.
For group course bookings, a deposit payment of £50 (2 day) or £100 (5 day) is payable to reserve your place. The second payment is due 5 days before the course start date.